Marketing is an essential component of any successful composting operation. To expand and support compost markets in the Northeast, NERC was awarded a four-year grant from the Northeast Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (SARE) program. As part of this project, a number of resources have been developed to support compost marketing, including PowerPoint presentations made at project workshops.
For more information contact Athena Lee Bradley, Projects Manager.
Compost Marketing Resources
- Addressing Niche Markets, by Peter Schmidt, Compostwerks LLC
- Assessing Compost Quality, by Loren S. Muldowney, M.S., Rutgers Soil Testing Laboratory
- Compost Manufacturing for Organics Markets, by Erich V. Bremer, Organic Certification Program, New Jersey Department of Agriculture, Division of Marketing and Development
- Compost Marketing, by Geoff Kuter, Agresource, Inc.
- Compost Marketing: Strategies for Success, by Athena Lee Bradley, Northeast Recycling Council, Inc. (NERC)
- Compost Quality and Best Management Practices, by Athena Lee Bradley, NERC
- Compost Quality, by Bob Rynk, SUNY Cobleskill
- Composting Facilities – Quality Standards & Solid Waste Regulations, by Sally Rowland, Ph.D., P.E., NYSDEC, Division of Solid & Hazardous Materials
- Composting Requirements, by Dr. Michael Westendorf, Rutgers University Cooperative Extension
- Maintaining Compliance with Massachusetts Compost Regulations, by Sumner Martinson, Composting Program, MassDEP
- Making Your Compost Product Work for You: Compost Sales and Marketing, by Charles Duprey, WeCare Organics, Inc.
- Marketing Compost: On & Off Farms, by Jean Bonhotal, Cornell Waste Management Institute
- NRCS Compost Pad Construction, by Lisa Petruski, Soil Conservationist, NRCS
- Producing an Organic Compost for the Current Markets, by Robert Kelly, Seacoast Farms Compost Products, Inc.
- Quality Control and Compost Products, by Bruce Fulford, City Soil & Greenhouse Co.
- Sustainable Landscape Solutions, by John Engwer, Groundscapes Express, Inc.
Search results will
open in a new window